Last updated July 5, 2018
We take the responsibility of protecting your personal information very seriously. We treat your personal information as we would and do treat our own.
The Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace this Policy by posting the updated version on the Site. It is your responsibility to check this Policy periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of any changes to this Policy constitutes your acceptance of those changes.
Collection of Information
Although you may visit our Site without providing any personal information, in order to take full advantage of some of our Site’s features such as participating in the My NC GreenPower community or receiving newsletters via email, you will be asked to provide personal information. This personal information may be collected at various pages on the Site, such as the “Get Involved” section and “Become a Generator” pages, and may include the following:
- Information, such as your name, email and postal address, telephone number, and country of residence) that you provide by completing forms on the Site;
- your log-in and password details in connection with any account that you may create when using the Site;
- details of any requests or transactions made by you through the Service;
- communications you send to us;
- information that you post to the Site in the form of comments or contributions to discussions; and
- IP addresses.
Uses of Your Personal Information
We will use the personal information you provide to:
- identify you when you sign-in to your account;
- enable us to provide you with the Services;
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us;
- present projects to you when you use the Service which we believe will be of interest based on your geographic location and previous use of the Service;
- administer your account with us;
- enable us to contact you regarding any question you make through the Service; and
- analyze the use of the Service and the people visiting to improve our content and Services.
We will never share any identifying personal information, such as name, address or email, with other companies or individuals outside of NC GreenPower under any circumstance without your express consent. We may share information which is already listed publicly on our Sites, such as generator locations and fundraising campaign information. We do not rent, sell or trade any personally identifiable information of our subscribers.
My NC GreenPower Fundraisers never receive donors’ credit card information. By default, donations are listed publicly on the My NC GreenPower Campaign page. Donors can opt out and remain anonymous.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We try to keep emails to a minimum and give you the ability to opt out or unsubscribe from our email list. We will send you email relating to your personal transactions. We will keep these emails to a minimum. You will also receive certain email notifications, for which you may opt-out. We may send you service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so.
We never post anything to your accounts with Facebook, Twitter, or any other third-party sites without your permission. We will not give your name or personal information to third parties, other than our third party service providers that we engage for providing the Services and which are obligated to treat your personal information in a manner consistent with this Policy.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. By blocking or deleting cookies used on our Service, you may not be able to take full advantage of our Service.
Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose in public areas of the Site becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by other users. You should exercise caution before disclosing your personal information through these public venues.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Policy, NCGP reserves the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or in the good-faith belief that it is necessary to comply with the law.
To modify or delete the personal information you have provided to us, please log into your online MyNCGP account, use the link at the bottom of any email correspondence that you receive from us, or contact us directly via email at info [at] ncgreenpower [dot]org or via phone at 919-716-6398. We may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes. On request, we will give you a copy of all the personal information about you that we hold.
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us.
Updated: July 5, 2018