The goal of NC GreenPower is to supplement the state’s existing power supply with more green energy – electricity generated from renewable resources like the sun, wind and organic matter. As of 2008, NC GreenPower also offers carbon offsets to address growing concerns about the impact of greenhouse gases on the environment. The program accepts financial contributions from citizens and businesses to help offset the cost to produce green energy.
You can help protect the environment by contributing to the NC GreenPower program. You may contribute as much as you like, in increments of $4. We all want the healthiest
environment possible now and in the future, but often it’s
hard to know how we can make a difference. Now you can. Join the
others who have signed up to provide a greener North Carolina -
Balance your impact on the environment!
How does the program work?
How NC GreenPower works
How do I sign up?
- Through your utility – customer service representatives, bill insert, or via website. Our website offers links to all participating utilities’ websites.
- At a NC GreenPower event – fill out a signup card with a NC GreenPower representative
- Direct mail response – sent by NC GreenPower
- NC GreenPower monthly credit card billing option – have your contribution automatically charged each month
- One-time contributions – on NC GreenPower website
- Direct contributions through the mail:
ATTN: Accounts Receivable
909 Capability Drive, Suite 2100
Raleigh, N.C. 27606-3870